View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think they allow teams to hem them in all game long and hope for rebounds. This works initially because legs are fresh and can defend. As the game progresses this strategy is dangerous and generally bites us in the ass. So maybe it is the same gameplan that is used all game with these consequences. It certainly doesn't help us allowing long amounts of puck possesion to the opposition, it tires out our defense and suffocates our offense.

Nothing has changed so JM must be quite happy with his "cling to a lead" gameplan reguardless of if he planned it or not.

I agree no one rushes the puck carrier and they are allowed to set up after easily gaining our zone. We have 5 guys trying to get in the way and waiting for a rebound/mistake. This style is what JM has done since he got here and it can work if your goalie is standing on his head but wont really take you anywhere by itself.

In the end the play style always comes back to JM, we have seen zero change so you can't blame the players. Our team is almost entirely veterens, JM has zero excuse as to their play style.
It's the other way around. Especially with all the injuries. We have rookies and young players playing important roles at almost every single position.

I don't think there's a team in the NHL that had a defense with fewer man games experience in the league until we added Kaberle.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote