View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 04:12 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Why is Kovalev the untouchable? How much longer do we have to wait for him to produce, instead of 20 minutes of pointless stickhandling? This guy is a cancer because he is such a puck hog and doesn't know what to do with it. I wish he gets traded cause he is nothing but flashy moves and no results. The more things change the more they stay the same.
I know that Pasha cannot see my posts, but after reading this dribble I just had to respond. Kovalev is a lot of things, but a cancer? From where I am watching, Kovy has played about as hard as anyone. He appears willing to play a 2-way game, he does lead us in points (even if he is tied with Simon in that department and only has one goal). He's been playing with a hurt knee, got his face rammed into the boards and got up and just continued to play. He's played as hard as I have ever seen him. And, is it just me, or ir Alex actually playing a physical game this year? Not to be confused with Guerin, but certainly he has been using his 220 lbs pretty effectively. I'd venture to say that I have seen him use his body more than a player like Glen Murray.
AK leads us in shots, plays the point on the PP, kills penalties, and faces the top defensive pairing from the other team. I know that he took a stupid penalty the other game, but I hardly think that his 8 minutes in penalties are a killer.
I have no idea if this is another attempt by Pasha to say that Rico Fata is a better player, but personally I think that AK has been just fine. Gotta believe that the goals will come.