Thread: Post-Game Talk: Senators 2 - 5 Bruins | Blah game...
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Iamok
#Panic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
It's funny how Karlsson, Rundblad and the D gets all the Garrioch of this world on their butt. While you see Anderson getting almost no heat for his below than average performances. I'm not saying he's at fault on any goals but at some point, he has to bail out this team.

People are saying our D sucks that's why he doesn't have a good save percentage blah blah blah. But look at Lehner in the AHL, he's playing for the worst team in the standings and manages to keep a .914 save% while maintaining a GAA lower than 3. I know it's not the same league but it shows you that you can't blame the team for having a crappy Save%. Anderson has a 8.94 save% (good for 40th in the league) while having a 3.42 GAA.

That means that on average every time Anderson is in net, the sens will have to score 4 goals if they want a chance to win. That's unacceptable. I know andy is not a superstar, but he needs to at least put up average numbers.
Again, average goaltenders put up average numbers in front of an average defence. Lehner's an above average goaltender (for the AHL) and is putting up average numbers on a below average team. Anderson's an average/slightly below average goaltender and is putting up below average numbers in front of a terrible defence.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote