Old
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Koivu Lower-Body Injury

Per Russo:

Quote:
It was Koivu who hit Marco Scandella with the breakout pass that led to Scandella's scoring chance. Koivu looks fine as he's slapping his stick on the ice in the slot looking for a pass from Scandella as he circled the back of the net. After Dany Heatley's rebound, Marian Hossa takes off on a 2-on-1 with Nick Leddy.

As Koivu's chasing it down, he clearly pulls up with some kind of leg injury around center ice right after being slightly grazed by Patrick Sharp. Koivu looked like he was feeling something right before though. Koivu skates to the corner, collides again with Hossa and you can see he's in real discomfort as he drags himself to the bench.

As of now, the Wild's not saying what's wrong, but it has confirmed to me he did get hurt, that it doesn't think it's too serious and that he is going to see the docs today.
Also:

Quote:
The Wild's off today, but I hope to have more later. Again, right now the Wild's saying this doesn't appear to be serious with Koivu. But that's four of your top-6 forwards injured right now -- two definitely being out.

Frankly, it continues to amaze me this team leads the NHL. The Wild's lost 117 man games to injury. To put that in perspective, Chicago's lost 21.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote