12-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
Perhaps this deserves it's own thread (feel free to break it off if need be). Does anyone else think Regier should take advantage of Pegula owning both teams and offer more AHL contracts (similar to what Varone, Voakes, Legault, and Fienhage are on) to get an extended look at the prospects. Is there a limit to how many players can be signed to AHL contracts? Can they sign a bunch of players and stash them in the ECHL until injuries occur or they deserve a callup? Something about Shipley makes me not want to give up on him. I think it's the raw talent and the fact that the thing holding him back most is his work ethic.
I think they're already doing that and will likely continue to do so. It allows them to keep a player they like, who's gone through their development cycle, but not on the 50-contract limit. There was a little talk about it in the Rochester thread, but back in September so it's fairly buried now.

I've seen Shipley enough to not want him retained. He's yet to show me any inner spark and DeGray's comments when he traded him ring true with almost every viewing. Agozzino on the other hand... love his game and on an AHL-level deal, would be happy to have him in the fold as minor-league depth with some upside.