View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Bear of Bad News
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
I wanted to chime in and share something that helped my team. We had one of our wives film our game and a few days later we all went in on pizza and watched the footage on a projector. I think it was humbling for everyone (me included) to see what our game looks like from the stands. It gave us the team perspective and made us more unified.

It's crazy how behind the shield, I feel like a pro. When I stop it feels like I just shredded 3 feet of ice in my opponents face. Then I watch the film and I see a weak stop and a few tiny flakes. Reality can be harsh, but sometimes you need to face it in order to improve.
So true. The "A" (beer) league here is really good, but I was watching one of our games on one television, and an Avalanche game on another television, and it's very humbling. It feels so much faster on the ice.

When I sit in the upper level at the Pepsi Center, it always feels like I could play goal at the NHL level, and I imagine that a lot of fans get that impression. The closer you get to the ice, it quickly becomes obvious that it wouldn't work out. And once I sat in the old goal judge seats behind the net.

Bear of Bad News is offline   Reply With Quote