View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Skebo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Some very valid points in this thread. I think it ultimately comes down to lack of performance across the board, regardless of the player's indicated role. The gritty guys are not being gritty enough, the pests aren't pestering enough and the scorers are definitely not scoring enough. We really have enough talent in each of those roles to be a very successful team (see: preseason predictions). Sure we could use some upgrades in the 'wingers that can finish' category. But we've seen that the current corp can be successful in outscoring their opponent and winning games.
Sure you can tear down the whole core and start a over, but who wants that? Sure you can try to go get established 3rd and 4th liners, but who wants to overpay for that? Really we just need the current group to step up and take responsibility for getting this team back on track. Is DB the "C" that can do the job? I sure hope so, otherwise you are looking at change in that role and I see that as a sure sign that a teardown and re-build will be taking place.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote