View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 03:16 PM
tdflyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
+/- is not a worthless stat, I will admit it is flawed, but useless it is not. I wouldn't score on a line with Jagr and Giroux and I've been playing hockey for the past 7 years. As someone pointed out Hartnell does make his line mates better. He does what a top line or any line that needs, he digs in the corners, plays on the edge, and creates screens. JVR in the beginning of the year was with Giroux and Jagr and that didn't work out quite well. You are not giving Hartnell enough credit for his play, and like I said is having an all-star type season as of right now. Top 30 in scoring(27), guy is kicking ass right now
FF - I bet you'd have at least one or two
Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. I just see it differently I guess.

I don't see how Hartnell makes G and Jagr better.
I think someone like Bobby Ryan might make them better.
If you put someone like Ryan on their wing, that whole line is better. Hartnell is interchangeable with so many other players in the league.
Hartnell does the things that he does (corners, edge, screen) but there are better players out there that do them better that aren't going to the Allstar game because they don't have inflated numbers from playing with two of the best players in the league right now. I guess that's my point.

tdflyers is offline   Reply With Quote