View Single Post
Old
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I agree that it was a redundant pick but I never mind a team going for the BPA regardless of position. Despite being stocked at D we don't have another defender in the pipeline with Forbort's size. That, and neither Etem nor Tarasenko are proven at the NA pro level yet. Doesn't take away from your point but it's worth keeping in mind. I don't think it's fair to judge picks so soon but Forbort's progress is definitely a little concerning.
This isn't really true as at that time the Kings had Teubert and Campbell, and also picked up another D-man with size later in that draft in Gravel...

To me it comes down to if the Kings stay at 19 they can take Etem there, Toffoli in the 2nd and still have that pick at 59 to work with. To me trading up to take Forbort was a mistake, one I didn't even like on draft day because if the Kings stay at 19 they get an arguable equal player in Etem, Bjugstad, or whoever else they wanted, and then been around at 59 to take a d-man like Gudas, Beukeboom, Biega, or Johns there. Doubling addressing their most pressing need in scoring and picking up a solid d-man prospect at the end of the 2nd. I understand none of those guys have the upside of Forbort but all of those listed seem to me at least, to be just as big of projects as he is, so I'd put them as similar risk/reward wise.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote