View Single Post
Old
12-06-2005, 09:54 PM
technophile

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to technophile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGmang
Is it better to buy all the hockey gear first then learn to skate properly etc or learn to skate fairly well first before I invest?

...I play ball and roller hockey so I already have a skill base to draw from, not a complete rookie
Depending on your leagues you might be able to use some or all of your existing gear. I'm not in a league yet (no time at the moment ) but I've been using my old roller gear (except for the skates, obviously ) for my weekly ice hockey classes/scrimmages. I'm slowly replacing them as I get the chance -- new skates first, then shoulder pads (which I never wore in roller), then a new stick, new helmet, and I still need new pants, shins, and elbows. It makes the expense a lot easier to bear without slowing you down much. And I think it probably also helps if you're not trying to get used to a different surface and all new gear at the same time.

Like I said, it depends on the league and somewhat on your gear. If you feel pretty confident in your gear, then go ahead and use it, just changing out what you need to or most want to as you can manage it.

technophile is offline   Reply With Quote