View Single Post
Old
12-16-2011, 12:25 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Maybe all that Price needs to get his sv% above ''average'' is to not be the most used goalie in the NHL...

Ever think of that ?
Maybe. But it's irrelevant to the quesiton of whether the team is dependent on goaltending. (The team's goaltending may be overly dependent on Price, but that's another matter. If so, maybe they should play Budaj more. Budaj hasn't been great but he hasn't embarassed himself either.)

I'm not trying to indict Price, here. I think he's been good. I don't think he's been lights-out all year and I don't think he's stolen a game. He's basically been consistent, no big highs, no big lows, which is a fine thing for a goalie to be.

But the Habs are not a team that are being kept alive by their goalie. They're a very strong defensive club. They've got a thoroughly awesome PK and one of the best 5-on-5 ratios in the league. And they're doing all this while missing key players every single game.

What's been killing them is their crappy PP production... the PP that's just scored in 3 games in a row (not coincidentally since the Kaberle trade).

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote