View Single Post
Old
12-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
The Total man-game lost stats is clear. Yet, you signed a Markov (and I'll repeat, I agreed with that signing) knowing that you are signing a risk. You probably didn't expect those setbacks, but there was so much talk about that contract that everybody knew it could boom or bust. So you accepted it. Gomez is another. The guy everybody wants to get rid of as soon as possible. Now, he is still an NHL'er but at one point, I'd love to concentrate on the importance of the player instead of the numbers of games lost from whoever. Surely Ryan White's number are in there too. Needless to say, he'd be an asset. But to a point that he'd be the difference between a win or a loss? Maybe, but clearly not as bad as Markov. Philly just lost Giroux and Pronger. We are going to see the effect on them soon I guess. But Philly losing Giroux and Pronger are way more important than a Markov-Gomez duo....Not only Giroux was a top 5 player in the league. But we're kinda used to play without Markov while Flyers never seems to be able to do that with Pronger. So again, another stat to indeed consider. But to simply accept a situation solely based on that, is pushing it. Though something needs to be taken care of 'cause it seems it repeats itself year after year. And the Habs DID fire their fitness guys at some point.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote