View Single Post
Old
12-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I would agree and disagree, he has lost us points in the shootout but they wouldnt have been in half of those shootouts without his play so I wont count him as losing points that he stole for us in the first place.

Also mathman brings up the 100 point pace since the 1-5-2 start and interestingly enough that coincides with price have a .929 sv % and 2.05 gaa over that period as well. I think tonight he cost them atleast a point but that second goal shouldnt have counted since rinaldo was pushing him away from the puck and the fact that the our goal was disallowed for less. Simmons goal I dont know what is expected of him when the puck is knocked to the other side of the net with his hand, the only thing that stops that is some old fashion crease clearing but we do not have the ability to do that. He also mentions that price hasnt stolen any games which is completely untrue he sealed the end of the NJD game just a few games ago maybe mathman missed that.

As far as the out shooting the opponents goes, I would take them getting outshot all day if they gave up less quality chances.
The two main things that cost us 2 points last night...

1-the reffing, you can't look at the two questionable goals and not see that the Phillie one if anything should have been the ONE called back...worst case both or none should have been disallowed. No matter how you slice it we have been on the wrong end of some brutal calls lately INCLUDINg the Pacioretty suspension.

2-poor defensive coverage. Last night wasn't pretty in terms of defensive coverage. The Simmonds goal was terrible they let him waltz through the crease. The Talbot goal he was by himself 15-20 feet out. The Zolnarchuk goal there were two guys in or near the crease. It's not just about big bruising d-men it's about getting body positionning. Timonen is like 5'9" 185lbs and he is solid in defensive coverage, so is Bouillon and Robidas...and little Ference in Boston.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote