Thread: Speculation: 2011 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 3
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2011, 07:47 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
i am not sweating holtby's issues. same could have been said of neuvirth approaching last night's game. last in the league in sv% and all.

edit: frankly, his cockiness and edge needed to and was definately going to be challenged and that its happening at hershey is fine by me. that part of his game that so many love is very hard to make work and a main reason why its so rare. playing the puck aggressively and using his stick against opposing players is far down the list of goalie priorities and need to be used judiciously.

last season i can recall that he holtby making a fine aggressive play with the puck that created a scoring chance. the next time he touched the puck he gave it away and he was still standing behind the goal line when the puck went into his net.

my guess is that dale hunter will want him to stop the puck first. he likes an edge but is also conservative about it. i bet he wants his goalies to be known for stopping the puck more than passing it or slashing opposing crease cruisers

Last edited by txpd: 12-16-2011 at 07:52 AM.