View Single Post
Old
12-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I respect your POV but any pending UFA won't garner a stud youngster plus picks and prospects. We have Parise who's probably going to test the market and I wouldn't expect a young stud in return if Lou does decide to move him, wich he won't, cause it won't happen.

Moving a up and coming stud that can contribute right away and has a low cap hit for a guy you might lose in a couple of months isn't realistic IMO, but that's just me. In the past, big names UFA's have always been moved for a package of several "ok" players + futures.

Like Lou with Parise, I also feel that Poile will gamble on Suter and keep him with the risk of him bolting this summer. I'm not a fan of that kind of decision cause we've been losing key players in the past via the UFA market and it's finally bitting us in the ass. The loss of Niedermayer, Rafalski, Martin, etc... have really depleated our blueline and now we are stuck with guys like Tallinder, Volchenkov, Greene, Fayne, Salvador and Larsson.
It's nice to see a Devils fan admitting this. Rentals are traded for less, much less.

Raymond's up to 6gp 5pts +4 now... What say you?

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote