Old
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
We say that though. but OD last season was barely breaking 10 minutes during the playoffs (if I can remember correctly).
That's ok though. He was a responsible D-man on the third pair. In the playoffs, ice time for third pairing guys will go down. The problem is when you have guys like Parent and Krajicek who are not responsible players so they don't even get two minutes of ice time and when they do, it is terrifying. In the regular season, its not a big deal to have Parent/Karciejk/whoever out there getting limited minutes. But in the playoffs you can't have them getting either big minutes or no minutes. You need guys like OD who can play ten minutes but not have to worry. I'd be very worried if Gus and MAB were out there together for ten minutes in the SCF. If one is out with a more responsible D-man, that's fine. But having them out there together for ten minutes in the SCF or for one minute like it was in 2010, is not a good idea IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Marshall and Walker will get sent down again as soon as Gus and Lilja are back to play with Meszaros.

Bourdon will play with Carle until they trade for someone better.

Who they can get on D will depend on Giroux and Schenn. If Homer has to get a C and a D, he'll have to do both affordably. If the forwards come back soon and OK, maybe he can get a really good Dman on an expiring contract for the playoffs?

Coburn - Timonen
Carle - Bourdon/New Guy
Lilja - Meszaros
Gustafsson/Walker

If they decide to play Lilja over Gus, maybe they keep Walker at 7D and let Gus play in the AHL for a bit.
I don't think they need to go after a guy like Weber (though it would be nice). They just need a non-rookie who is not going to be a liability. I don't have any names in mind off the top of my head, but somone comparable to Carle or Coburn would be ideal (not necessarily in age, but skill).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote