Old
12-16-2011, 12:46 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Couturier goes nowhere......seriously would be beyond dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Couturier is not going anywhere.

I say his upside (after Giroux) is the highest among any of the youth of the Flyers.

Couturier has that "hockey sense" that is not taught. He has amazing defensive ability and can be the next Primeau of the team. With Giroux out, I see Jagr taking Couturier under his wing as well and teaching him a few things about offense and positioning. He's a big body and he's only 19 (just turned it recently). If he adds some muscle to his frame, he will become an unstoppable two-way player and seems primed to be the next Jordan Staal with possibly better offense.

I think the Flyers should keep him and let him develop. Lavy has a lot of faith on him and trusts him enough to put him out there on the first line in Giroux' absence and puts him out there in key situations and penalty killing situations.

If there is one player who could be given up is JVR. He has tremendous upside but he hasn't been near being one of the team's keys to success this year.

Heck Talbot, Voracek and Simmonds have all outplayed JVR.
I'm not saying the Flyers will or should trade them, but I bet if trade talks are going on that Schenn or Couturier will be the first thing talked about.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote