View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
online link plz? or someone could go to the tenuous task of word for word if its short, Philly is kind of suprising I guess Hitchcock just wants another Edmontonian to keep him company(um, ya right). Comrie does not really suit what I would call a typical Flyers player in the style of his game. If a deal occurs I would very much guess a partial salary paid Primeau would be the main return and with Carter coming up,makes me wonder what they would they need a small center for it does not appear to make very much sense at all. They are playing pretty well too the only hole I see in their line-up is a few prospects on the wings and a prospect goalie(I still can't believe they traded Ouellet).
Actually Philly would be a very good place for Comrie because of the size they have up the middle. Simon Gagne also had a dreadful season last year and has been just as bad at the begining of this year. He looks like a guy who is struggling badly under Hitch's system and may need a change of scenery. A year ago MC for Gagne doesn't happen - but Gagne's trade value has never been lower.

I doubt that Handzus is coming our way because he's been very good in Philly and Roenick is obviously not going anywhere.......but Primeau is in the last year of his contract and is probably expendable. He makes $5 million - but we just happen to have a goalie who makes almost $4 million who is also in the last year of his contract (Salo) and Philly could probably use a veteran goalie short-term to tandem with Hackett. So how about:

Primeau and Gagne (about $7.3 million)

for

Comrie, Salo and a 3rd round pick (about $6.5 million assuming MC gets the same kind of cash as Gagne).

We take on a bit of salary - use Primeau for the season and then his contract is up (just like Salo). We obviously have to make a second deal for a goalie - maybe something like the long talked about Rita for Noronen deal with Buffalo. Another option could be something like MC and Chimera for Gagne and Woywitka or Seidenberg. Lots of possibilities with Philly.