Old
12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkIvan View Post
Same problem here. My pickups are getting more and more skilled, so I am usually the worst out there (esp on my Saturday pickup). I may get a pass or two and usually flub it. Most people are fine with me, but you can tell some would rather I'd not show up.

Whenever I get discouraged playing with this situation, I just say to myself "I'm here for the exercise". And it is true. I started when I was 46 and didn't know how to skate. I just try and skate hard, do the best I can...there is nothing else I can do (other than quit, and I am not going to do that). I'm in really good shape now after a year...of course that is replaced by a perpetual state of soreness.

Mark
Why don't you work off ice with a tennis ball? Work on your stick handling, passing and receiving passes, it doesn't have to be all on ice training. And you shouldn't get discouraged because you've been playing one year. Nobody just steps on the ice and is an elite talent. It takes years of developing your skills and if you want to get better you're going to have to work hard at it.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote