Old
11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
He has played on the both the 1st and 2nd lines at one point or another this season. He has played with Jagr. He has played with Lang. He has centered Bondra and Grier. of course as with all line combinations it was for short duration. I have not seen any offensive spark from him. Nor have I seen any from Gordon after the 2nd game of the year. The only one of the young guys that is creating offensive chances is Semin. Sutherby, Gordon, Eminger, Willsie have shown little. Pettinger has two goals, but both of those were so soft that had they not gone in they would not have been considered scoring chances.

Its also very clear that after Gonchar there is ZERO offense from the blue line.
Do you think his offensive skills are overhyped? I've only seen sutherby have a few good shots and that was early on and I wouldn't characterize them as good scoring chances.

Semin definitely has created some good chances. Yeah he still gets muscled off the puck along the boards and he still need to know when he needs to dump it down the boards but right now I can't really see a reason why Cassidy should NOT play him.