12-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
Something I learned when the Griz where in Vancouver

ALL NBA teams have number 1 scheduling in thier arenas---

it causes trouble for the nhl every so often
I'm fairly certain there are three NBA teams that don't have top priority, the Raptors, Clippers and Lakers. I can't see the ACC saying that the Leafs have to move their prospective dates because the Raptors want them. Also, since AEG owns the arena and it was built for the Kings, I'm fairly certain the pecking order at Staples Center goes Kings, Lakers and then Clippers.

All the same, I'm not sure that the NBA schedule would cause any issues with any of the other tenants. I'd assume that the NBA would use the dates already blocked off for the tenants and then go from there. If any dates were adjusted I'm sure it came with some sort of compensation to the teams displaced. I'm fairly certain that no team big or small would sign a lease that would say that their dates are completely flexible. Remember the NBA had actually released a schedule once before, so I'm sure under most leases that constituted first choice of dates if the lease guaranteed that. Thus, everyone else's lease would then come into effect.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote