Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jacques Martin FIRED!
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I never said they were dumb.

But why go with the option with such a high risk, when there will inevitably be other candidates both much more qualified and with less baggage?
Like who? Would be fun to play that game. 'Cause the guy that will most logically lose his job if things don't go right is.....Alain Vigneault. Any chance he becomes the best man available? Or is he the candidate 'cause he speaks french?

Will Ruff lose his job? Trotz? Babcock? Who else??? I keep asking those questions, times and times again, whether it's who is available now or later and I NEVER get the answer. Just the "best man available". Yet, I can name you 20 NHL coaches right now, and people wouldn't consider them.

Anaheim Ducks Bruce Boudreau
Boston Bruins Claude Julien
Buffalo Sabres Lindy Ruff
Calgary Flames Brent Sutter
Carolina Hurricanes Kirk Muller
Chicago Blackhawks Joel Quenneville
Colorado Avalanche Joe Sacco
Columbus Blue Jackets Scott Arniel
Dallas Stars Glen Gulutzan
Detroit Red Wings Mike Babcock
Edmonton Oilers Tom Renney
Florida Panthers Kevin Dineen
Los Angeles Kings John Stevens
Minnesota Wild Mike Yeo
Nashville Predators Barry Trotz
New Jersey Devils Peter DeBoer
New York Islanders Jack Capuano
New York Rangers John Tortorella
Ottawa Senators Paul MacLean
Philadelphia Flyers Peter Laviolette
Phoenix Coyotes Dave Tippett
Pittsburgh Penguins Dan Bylsma
San Jose Sharks Todd McLellan
St. Louis Blues Ken Hitchcock
Tampa Bay Lightning Guy Boucher
Toronto Maple Leafs Ron Wilson
Vancouver Canucks Alain Vigneault
Washington Capitals Dale Hunter
Winnipeg Jets Claude Noel

So who can be fire and that you'd take as clear best man available. Note that you need BOTH. Can be fire and you want. Like as much as we think the world of Babock, Yeo and such, they are not going to be fired. Possible Trotz could be. Who else?

Personnally, the only guys I like are Julien, Ruff, Babcock, Laviolette, Bylsma, Boucher and Vigneault. Who will be available in that list? Vigneault....who else? Can Ruff be fired? See, as stupid as it sounds, Julien could be fired if they lose in the 1st round. 'Cause you have that tendany to think that Neely and Co wants him out real fast for whatever stupid reasons. Would you take Julien back? Would you take Vigneault? Sorry, but it's not as easy to know who is CLEAR best man and will be available in due time. 'Cause then, even if you go in the AHL.....why wouldn't a guy like Benoit Groulx who used to coach there to not be as good as Gernander, Hynes, or even Torchettii?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 12-17-2011 at 07:39 PM.