View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
camboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i can't dispute your pitkanen points. all very true and i don't think anyone was suggesting that the oilers could land him straight-up for comrie (i included brewer in any pitkanen suggestions).

with regard to having no need for another center:

- how many more years will roenick play? bad knees and age will catch up with him within 2-3 seasons.

- do you expect Primeau to accept his 3rd line role when he becomes a Free Agent after this season? he didn't like it when he was with Detroit and i'd wager he doesn't like it much now... just speculation of course.

my point is that it's not always about "now" (although with clarke it often seems like it is). especially when you can land a 23 year old 30 goal scoring centerman. just food for thought...
A couple of thoughts:

I see Primeau as redundant in the Flyers line up. Handzus is a younger and cheaper version of KP. I think Comrie fits well as the Flyers second line center....fast, fiesty, and creative. Primeau could be dealt elsewhere.....possibly at the deadline. I can't see the Flyers signing him to a new contract. Not at his current salary....not with a new CBA coming.

Comrie and Chimera and 3rd round pick for Gagne and Woywitka