Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jacques Martin FIRED!
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2011, 08:44 PM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
While it may seem that way, read some of my other responses and you'll see that I'm not prepared to go through the growing pains of a new NHL coach to find out if he's going to make it or not. I'm tired of it. Montreal breaks in new rookie coaches only to have other teams benefit (or not) from their experience with the Habs. All I'm saying is I don't want to roll the dice with rookie head coaches anymore. I don't care if he's coached junior hockey, college hockey, midget hockey. Doesn't matter to me. The NHL is a different brand/level especially as a Montreal Canadiens head coach. So, I'll pass.

Edit: Let someone else hire Roy, break him in, find out if he's got what it takes as NHL head coach, then a few years later attempt snatching him up if he's available (or not). Let's do the opposite for a change.
On the Roy question. I will be super pissed if first of all they insist on a french coach, if there are none as good as other available non french candidates. If there is a very good and experienced french coach available, fine, I would prefer that.

And Roy? Give me a break. He'll be a disaster. Let him learn somewhere else.