Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jacques Martin FIRED!
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2011, 07:50 PM
andy28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think it's a load of subjective crock. Guys one likes are passionnate, guys one doesn't are not.

And not being expressive behind the bench doesn't imply someone is not passionnate, or is it a requirement of the job.
To some degree it certainly is subjective. To some degree it may not be, though perhaps 'passion' would need to have a better definition.

Let's take another angle though.

Now, I have actually been saying the same thing as you, that Roy might be too volatile for a group of NHLers. So, I think, it is safe to say that to some degree you have taken into account the subjective feelings of the players and how that can be affected by a coach. A person with uncontrolled emotions behind the bench could very well be a disaster (whether that is the case with Roy or not). I think a coach has a responsiblility to be under control, moreso than his players. I actually admired that about Martin, and I think he is probably a really great guy. That said, once in a while I think a group of subjective human beings can really benefit from seeing some emotion from their leader.