View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
you obviously don't realize that we have 3 players on pace for 30 goals this year (Kost, MaxPac, Cole)...

last year we had Gionta @ 29 as our leading goal scorer.

i think sometimes people fail to realize that every team in the league, in every game of the season, has at least a few "golden opportunities" that don't get put in the net.

if anything, it's that we are losing that amplifies the perception that we can't convert.

we have 6 players with 20+ shots who are shooting @ 10% or better

Bruins- 6
Flyers- 8
Wild- 7
SJ- 6
Detroit- 9
Ottawa (who is top-5 in league for GF) - 7

or looking at it another way...

we're 18th in the league in shots/game, and 20th in the league in goals/game.

while not ideal, that's not reflective of a team that is particularly struggling with converting chances i would think.
So what if they have that many goals? They should have more based on the chances they get! It can't (and it isn't) just me who cringes every time someone misses a GOLDEN chance to score, created by the playmaker on the line. It happens WAY too often. The Leblanc pass to Eller and then goal. THAT is the type of stuff we need. Gomez hasn't even played that much this year and from what I recall he was setting up Gio a LOT. The stat that you posted can honestly be attributed mostly to Eric Cole and Andrei Kostitsyn who basically do it all by themselves. Oh and Nokes. His % must be high. I dunno what stat to support that I see us missing gimmes all the time and at the most crucial moments. Overall I think Gomez has been setting up his wingers decently.

Id also say Patches is doing great in goals, but the amount that DD sets him up is ridiculous, he should have twice as many. Just sayin, DD is a great center.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote