View Single Post
Old
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
AdmiralPred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Look at that years draft...weak....Besides, it will take awhile for Upshall to get ice-time from Trotz.....and on a team this stacked at the Wing position, he has to play more of an energy type game. His offensive game has looked fine to me.
Again, I am not disputing that he may need to develope, earn ice-time, wait for an injury to move up the depth chart, or beat somebody out for their spot. I agree that not everyone that you draft with a top ten pick will pot 40 per season or make the team as and 18 year-old.

I am only refering to the comment that was made about Upshall - "he's definitely starting to live up to what he's expected to be ... a gritty in your face 3rd liner with top 6 potential, who can show some offense".

My question. If he was expected to be a third-liner, why would a team use the 7th overall on him? However, I have probably read too much into the comment because that might be the expectation of Upshall at this point in time and not in 2002. I have also gone severely off-topic with this and appologize.