12-18-2011, 06:05 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I wouldn't do a complete rebuild, but probably something similar to that plan :

MY PLAN

1- Fire Pierre Gauthier

2- Fire Donald Beauchamp and Dominick Saillant (we seriously need to change the communication philosophy)

3- Fire Larry Carrière and other Gauthier's buddies. Fire Patrick Boivin (Ok, not sure about this one... I don't know him but he has a very important job and is there only because he's the son of Pierre Boivin. It's time to give the jobs to deserving people)

4- Hire a new GM. I would interview Julien Brisebois, Vincent Damphousse and Pierre Lacroix, among other ones.

5- Hire a new coach. I would interview Martin Raymond, Pascal Vincent, Benoît Groulx, Clément Jodoin, Marc Crawford, Bob Hartley, André Tourigny, Patrick Roy and Larry Robinson. Maybe it's a good idea to wait after the end of the season to let the Randies finish.

6- Let the coach chose his assistants.

7- Hire a whole scouts team for Quebec only to support the work of Serge Boisvert. Every junior, midget and bantam league must be heavily scrutinized.

8- Initiate a yearly summit on the state of junior hockey in Quebec. Take active participation in the thought process of how to produce new hockey stars in the Quebec hockey system.

9- Invest money in new school-hockey programs. Continue to build new arenas in poor neighborhood. Create a foundation to help to collect money for such initiatives or to give scholarchips to the most talented junior and minor players in Quebec. Expose your plan to the medias. Give many interviews and try to mobilize the Quebec hockey world to improve the junior and minor hockey system.

10- Tell Timmins and his team to put a special emphasis on players from Quebec at the draft.

11- Trade Cammalleri, Kaberle, Kostitsyn and Weber for draft picks and youngsters. Try to target offensive minded forwards.

12- Put Plekanec, Gionta, Moen, Gill, Campoli and Budaj on the market and try to higher the stakes, but don't trade them unless there's a very good return.

13- Build around Price, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Leblanc and the newly acquired prospects and draft picks. Markov and Cole will also still be there. If Kaberle is untradable, keep him too. But I'd take a 4th round pick for him.

14- Finish the season with a team similar to that one + the newly acquired players :

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Darche - Eller - Leblanc
Gomez - Nokelainen - White (Palushaj)

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Campoli - Kaberle
Diaz

15- Bury Gomez in the minors at the end of the season.

16- Try to add some toughness on the free agent market (Kunitz, Gaustad, Coburn, Downie, Tootoo, Asham) but DON'T spend too much.

Most of your ideas are sound, aside from point number 10. I have np scouting the Q more thoroughly, if that's what you mean by more emphasis, fine, but if you mean draft more Q players to pander to a few fans, not for me.

I like everything else, we generally on the players to come and go with some slight tweaking there with a few guys like gionta, he should be one of the first out the door imo, right after Cammy.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote