View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 08:06 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Rebuilding doesn't have to involve tanking or losing on purpose. Gionta, Cammy still carry 1st rd pick + value to a desperate club, gomez will bring nothing of significance, minors or compliance buyout is the only option with him, otherwise you'll only get another poor contract. Gill has late rd pick value, hopefully Kaberle will increase his value to 1st rd pickish value as well. I doubt it, but who knows.

Three or 4 1st rd picks would go a long way to recovery. Only problem here is Gorges, does he stay for a rebuild? I can't see why not, I don't think losing all those guys does anything to hurt our position in the standings. We'd likely be exactly where we are without all them garbage contracts. Afterall, none of them are doing anything positive anyways. I think Cammy is done here, he's looked brutal since being signed imo, other than the odd 15-20 game stretch where he'll catch fire, he'll succeed on a roster who can insulate him with some size, but not here, stick a fork in him.

We have thrown about 30million of annual salary down the *******. You will never win when have your cash being used on crap, thank god we got some young players on ELC that are carrying the load, or else we'd be completely screwed. It's alright to have the odd overpriced contact, but you can't be approaching half your cap space being basically worthless, 7.3m Gomez, 5.75m Markov, 6m Cammy, Gill 2.75?, Gionta 5, about 25 million in passengers and spare parts, if you add kabs to that, we're at around 30m. Absolutely disastrous.

When PJ Stock, brought it up last night, I know he's a blow hard, bla bla bla. I think it might actually be the posters on here biased towards him than the other way around, but, having said that, he was right, our management has way, way, way too much cash tied up in nothing, it's gross tbh.
great post bro

took the words right out pf my mouth

team is a mish mash of s h i t , grossly overpaid

I really laugh when I read these posts that Cammy is a front liner , or the leadership of Gionta , etc....

are you guys finally convinced from my posts that Markov is done ? how many more seasons of Pleks giving you zero in the playoffs do u want to see ?

we have no front liners except Price , but this year he is good not great

the only way we make the playoffs is if he is GREAT

but for all you DD , Cole lovers or waiting for Cammy to turn around or thinking we are a retool job away from winning , keep drinking the kool aid folks

we have Eller who should be our second center playing bottom 6 minutes , while we are waiting for the midget in DD to carry us

I dont care what DD is doing , the dude is not a top 2 center and would be on the farm of most qualilty teams . Eller is bigger , faster , stronger , and given his linemates , pp time and minutes , surlely he can have 20 points by now
at least he can be a legit #2 center , DD ISNT

this needs an Olier tear down b4 this ship gets tuned around

first order of business at the trade line or sooner ( but it will never happen )

get what you can for Gio, Cammy, Gill, Moen , and Kosty and move on with picks
and some return of talent

we would need to take back some salary but hopefully it isnt too long term

we need a new philosophy with development , stop this BS of giving legit talent cup of coffee minutes on 4th lines and put them in a role they can succeed.

I have seen enough of Leblanc , the dude can play , put him on the top 6 on the wing , and put Gio on the 3rd line for a brief stint and see what he can do

Leblanc is our future , Gio at 33 soon isnt

and finally to the management team of the Habs

stop these BS 4-5 mil signings on just decent players like Cole , Spacek, etc , in the offseason who are not going to do anything for us

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote