View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyman View Post
Weird not seeing Niedermayer in the top 10 , let alone the top 20.
I like Nieds but there is no way he is a top 10 guy, I could see top 20 with different criteria though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
No, not really.

Do you think he did more than Brian Leetch?
No he didn't do more than Leetch but I think he is getting undervalued in this project just like Leetch did. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Another thing worth remembering is those Stevens-captained Devils teams routinely finished near the top of the league in scoring. The fact that the Devils were absolutely suffocating defensively, and that they never had many flashy/"big-name" offensive players, led people to believe that they weren't good offensively.[/B] A dedicated smear campaign to label them as boring by the Toronto media (during the time period where they were beating the Leafs in the playoffs) didn't help matters.

MacInnis played on better "paper offensive teams" in terms of having more big names who were known for being offensive players, but they weren't always as effective as the Devils.
I think it's fair on paper to say that those devils teams weren't that great offensively. Their system and counterattack led to most of their goals and the clutch and grab era and Broduer puck handling as the 3rd Dman also help in this matter.

From 95-03 I dare anyone to actually argue that the Devils' actual skillset on offensive was ever top 5. Maybe TDMM could elaborate as he has watched then more closely.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote