Thread: Pond Hockey
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Scoogs

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Playing hockey on a pond was one of the most enjoyable times I've had playing with my friends.

#1 Make sure that you don't throw like, 12 guys onto the ice if it's not that large of a pond. I think you're smart enough to know this anyways...

#2 Yeah, you're skates will take a minor beating. Sharpening them will be fine for them.

#3 The ice will obviously get cut up pretty badly over a period of time. There will be a certain time when you will just have to stop. I'm not sure how close the pond is to your home... But if your garden hose is long enough, or you just bring a bucket of water, you can act as a human zamboni and just cover it, and wait for the next day to play on it. This one pond I used to play on was close enough to my friends house so we could get his hose and spray the ice to fill the deep cuts, then toss snow all over the ice so it could smooth out. The next time we used it, it was reasonably fine. But the best time is the very first time you skate on it.

I'm not sure how hardcore you are about playing on it... But if you get a group of friends, it's gonna be pretty fun.