View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 12:45 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I disagree. Avery has talent, has skill, but if you give him more ice time, say more than 10 minutes per game, it won't be the same.

I'm a firm believer of the law of diminishing returns. Avery and every player falls under this category. Avery has been effective in the minutes he's played, but the more minutes, more responsibility, and even better linemates, the more likelihood he will make a mistake. We've seen this in the past, and there is a great chance that it will never change.

I wonder what people believe more ice time for Avery would be enough? Is it 8-10 minutes a game? 10-12? 12-14? 15+? What are the number of minutes he should be playing? I think anything over 11 minutes is too much. He's much more effective with less than that amount of ice time.
This is the key.

We've seen this before with all sorts of Rangers players. It's very easy for an average player to get hot or to look good when the sample size is very tiny but only the truly elite players (on this team, Gaborik, Richards, even Callahan now) can maintain that high level of production as the sample size (and the opportunities to fail) grow larger.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote