Thread: Confirmed with Link: Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 01:13 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I don't know if he's the best GM in hockey, but I think he's the best GM for our club. So honest but not a dick. Very straight shooter, funny, likeable and genuinely seems to take the players life and family concerns into consideration. He's got a solid plan that he's executed well and when bumps in the road come along, he's patient and makes the best of bad situations. Remember the Olli Jokinen problem in the locker room? Gormley and Lombardi.

He got an excellent return. If you look broadly at what people were saying Turris would get, either fans were way off base or Maloney trade-***** Murray. Go read the two old threads in the trade section on Turris. If you had said Rundblad and a second you would have been laughed off the board.

Although I'm glad they addressed the need for a RHD, I hope they give Rundblad some games in Portland. There's no need for him to be up here yet. We've had some problems developing in the past and it's clear he has some defensive zone issues to work on. We can afford to be patient at this time, so let's do it.

I'm still in favor of moving Klesla for Brassard. But I'm kind of eager to see what Miele's learned from his 20 games in the AHL. He was fun to watch in his 5 games up, even though he didn't score. He's creative to say the least. I'd rather see him now then if/when he hits the wall like NCAA players are wont to do in the rookie season.

We're going to have a LOT of young guys on the D next year and I wonder how Tippett feels about that. Look at the ages of the guys who are in the mix. Yandle, OEL, Summers, Schlemko, Gormley, Rundblad, Goncharov. Could we go with those 7 guys if we moved DeMo and Rusty and still be successful? Crazy depth on D. I like it. I hope it stays in the Valley.
I honestly think we could deal Schlemko for Brassard. Might need to include a pick but Columbus is up against the cap but Brassard also has 2 more years at $3 million left.