Thread: Confirmed with Link: Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
If Nashville is anywhere close to the playoffs (and they likely will be) they won't deal either player. At least one of them will re-sign.

Yandle is a non-starter of a conversation.

Pronger may try to come back as well and with a new CBA could come a rollback in the cap which could quickly put Philli back into cap hell. Rozsival's UFA status at the end of the year might offer flexibility for the Flyers that they might find desirable. The cap hit is high though (salary is much lower than cap hit) which is negative. I don't think Phoenix would be looking for much more than a draft pick and maybe a salary (to improve the value of the pick).
I agree with you that Nashville will be hardpressed to deal one of their big 2 but if they feel they can't resign one of them, Poile is not a fool and will at least listen to offers. It will all come down to what the Flyers would be willing to offer. If the Predators could turn a pending UFA into a package of great assets, they are not stupid. But I agree it would take a lot to get anything done here.

Why is Yandle a non-starter for conversation? He's far from Nicklas Lidstrom here. Every player has a price and Maloney would be a fool to not even listen to offers.