View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It's true we don't know him but we've been watching him for enough time now to see he really hasn't improved. Most games you don't even hear his name. People are so protective of him because he was the second overall pick and/or because he's somewhat local. If he wasn't I think more people would be fed up.
OK, but even if it's true he hasn't improved, you cannot make the logical leap you did. Not improving in and of itself says NOTHING about a person's will or heart, especially at that level. There could be a wide variety of reasons for why the person does not improve, and, yes, one's heart not being in it is one, but only one of them.

And to be perfectly honest, I expected more from him, as well, and am also frustrated when I see some of his moves are just spectacular, only to realize they don't happen often enough. But that still doesn't mean I'm going to call him out for lack of will or heart. By all means, call him out on his performance, if you want, though. I personally won't, because unfortunately I don't watch enough Flyers hockey to make a fair assessment. Hopefully with the winter break I'll have more time to watch the games, but even so, not knowing the players I'm not going to jump to conclusions for why some players are playing well and others aren't.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote