Thread: Confirmed with Link: Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 02:13 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Maloney said in the Q&A video that you can never have too many defencemen. But to me, we clearly have too many (prospects anyways). Guys like Goncharov or Stone don't stand a chance of becoming NHLers with this team, despite their continued development.

This coming draft is loaded with high potential defensive prospects. Should we deal now before those draftees flood the market? Yandle's value is very high right now but it's hard to imagine a workable trade for him. Gormley will be showcased at the WJC and his value could rise.

OEL for Couturier?
Gormley and 2nd for Brayden Shenn?
Summers and 2nd rounder for Pajarvi?
The WJC will be a showcase for Gormely; especially if he assumes a leadership role.

Personally, I would deal Rundblad but that's mainly due to my feeling that he is overrated and unworthy of the #7 overall prospect on HF's most recent list. If MPS is available then the Oilers get my first phone call (even though in theory a Center is what we need - I just view MPS as an impact goal scorer)

OEL is off limits for me. I wouldn't deal him if I had a choice; even if Schenn is being dangled to be honest. I would look at Gormely or Rundblad before I even considered OEL as a bargaining chip.

Right now if I'm Maloney I'm shopping a number of our older D men before the deadline and Schlemko.

The issue of course isn't now or next year. It's 3 years from now when everyone wants to get paid "Yandle" money.