View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 02:43 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Thanks sjmay and Ziggy for providing these results. Going through the list, trying to avoid the drafting side of things....

The list of players who IMO didn't pan out for the Kings. Forgive me if I forgot anyone from the trade side of things:

Cloutier
O'sullivan (although was used to get Williams)
Modry
Lundmark
Gauthier
Labarbara
Halpern
Modin
Sturm
Penner

Those that did:

Johnson
Richardson
O'Donnell
Williams
Smyth
Richards

Besides the gift of richards, he gutted all the talent the team had to start the rebuild that got him Johnson and guys like Stoll and Greene (at the high cost of visnovsky).

Overall I'm not impressed at all by his transactions.
Look at your list though,

3 of them were minor leaguers/fillers, Gauthier and Lundmark were NEVER EVER EVER brought in to play for the big club,

Cloutier I agree with, but he was listening to his newly hired coach as well, so meh, Modry's 2nd stint was not like his first, so ok, sure, Halpern and Modin didn't work out?? How so? They did exactly what they were brought in to do.

Penner is still a question mark for me, with the whole team suffering this malaise, he's been working hard and playing well since coming back from his injury,

On your list of guys that did work out, you missed Richards, though you mentioned him, as well as Stoll and Greene, though you mentioned them, you missed Handzus, Scuderi, Mitchell, Gagne (though he can be a question mark) Fraser,

When you add those guys in and compare their roles on LA compared to the list that you said didn't work out, hands down he has done a bang up job...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote