View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Concussion symptoms ... I don't want to be pessimistic but from last two seasons I got an impression, that once you get them you are done. Most players are never the same again and the symptoms will return much sooner than normal. What I mean is, that something which would present no problem for Kopitar, could potentially put Richards or Doughty on injured list for two weeks.

This is some serious **** and I really hope NHL has more luck with it in the future. Too many good players are sidelined. Many of them are among those, who play hockey hardest.
As a flyers fan, I thought Gagne was done for good when he was out with another concussion for a year. And yet he's still out there skating and scoring goals.

I still think it a bit of an overreaction from teams. Hits like this have been around for way longer than the last 10 years. I think the guys who get the **** knocked of them and end up unconscious should take it easy. But the minor concussion where just get knocked in the head and you feel a little woozy, that isn't that big of a deal.

And unfortunately what can the league do about it? Hockey is built around contact. I got a concussion playing hockey and the guy barely touched me. It's just impossible to regulate unless you outlaw all contact and give everyone great gazoo sized helmets.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote