View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
A buddy of mine planted this idea in my head and I think it's a great one...

Sutter is slated to take over on Tuesday IIRC, and the Kings are in TO on Monday, presumably flying home right after the game.

Scenario... plane lands at LAX, players get on the bus. DS gets on the bus and tells the players "Grab your phones, call whoever is waiting for you and tell them you will be a little late getting home. We have work to do."

Bus takes team to TSC for a good 2-hour+ practice, then home for a nap and back for the regular morning practice.

No, I don't think it would happen (and if it did I could somehow see Donald Fehr having something to say about it) but what a wake-up call that would be.
I like this.

I'd first want him to take Drew Doughty aside. Explain to him that bullying a team to become the highest paid player focuses the spotlight directly on yourself. The teams success and failures now rest on your shoulders. Explain to him that the days of doing whatever the hell you feel like are long gone. I'm sure the kid is aware of this but sometimes you need to be told things you already know.

Also, have a private meeting with Kopi, Brown, Quick, Scuds, and Mitchell and allow them to sound off on the reasons they feel that they are in the position that they are in. Take the feedback, spend a day or two reviewing the last 15 games on tape, and immediately draw up a battle plan.

I'd send Clifford back to Manchester and try a new player.

Last, I would politely tell Dean Lombardi that the team still has not found that elite sniper type winger that they have needed for the last 4 seasons and that must be his top priority.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote