Thread: WJC: Latvia WJC Discussion
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Can't say that I'm very fond of our C guys: 3 '94 & a 170/67 one. But at least Straupe has the experience. Hvorostins together with Legzdinsh will probably form the backbone of the 4th line (both are 19 and aren't small). So it leaves Zieminsh: he's the only forward from MHL-B (Jevpalov graduated to MHL-A) plus he's one of the smallest and he isn't even '92.

And I agree, Zvirbulis seems to be the odd man out amongst the d-men. Right now we're the shortest team in our group, though the weight seems on par with all teams except Sweden.

I can't follow the game by 3 am, zero concentration
From D-men, yeah Zvirbulis, it seems, impressed the coach at Lida cup but he might go... From forwards, Ziemiņš seemed an odd choice over Hodzko already... dunno about Straupe but I'm concerned about Legzdins offensive qualities, Kļaviņš played better last year in Swedish Division II as an 18 year old....

Jevpalovs wasn't the one who was transferred to MHL A, he was there from the get go, it was Jeļisējevs who's already cut from roster who was sent to HK Riga during the season and stayed up (and Ziemiņš relegated).

I believe that, regarding offensive qualities, Hvorostinins, Legzdins and Ziemins are the worst of our forwards. Ziemins even hasn't become a clear leader of MHL B team... Maybe he does the not-so-pleasant things better or has better defense, I dunno

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 12-18-2011 at 06:32 PM.