View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minos
I heard this on the radio in the middle of the night, but I didn't catch the whole story...it sounded like they were talking about an actual trade rumour, but for the sake of forum rules I'll call it a 'proposal' (I should point out though that I'm not a fan of either team involved!).

Leafs: Rob Neidermayer, Vitali Vishnovsky
Ducks: Darcy Tucker and a "surplus defenseman"

The part of the conversation I heard the most of (I was working while the radio was on) was of them talking about which of the Leaf 'surplus defensemen' would most interest the Ducks - Aki Berg, Piere Hedin or Maxim Kondratiev. Richard Jackman and Karel Pilar were also mentioned, but it was generally agreed that the Leafs wouldn't move Jackman at this point and Pilar's health would make him too big of a question mark for the Ducks.

Assuming theres some merit to this rumour, who would the Ducks most want? I think the Leafs would probably want to move Berg and he might be of interest to the Ducks simply because he's the most experienced of the names mentioned and he's still young enough to possibly live up to some of his potential. In th long run Hedin or Kondratiev could be the better defenseman, but are the Ducks deep enough on D to lose a NHL D and not get one back right away ?
Tuckers going nowhere and Neidermayer faked an injury a few years ago so he wouldn't be traded to Toronto for Potvin. I highly doubt this trade rumor has any merit