View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

vCash: 500
Its a good question but I don't think the coach can do much. This organization is a loosing culture from top to bottom. Some of the worst prospect development and team building since the lockout. I think the question what would you do as Owner needs to be asked first, then as President, then as GM, than as Coach, then as captain.

As an owner I would completely review the head management I have in charge. What has been their performance as far as bringing in, developing and keeping high end talent. As president I would get a whole new GM and scouting staff immediately. I would not even keep a secretary that dictated e-mails from that regime. I would also completely revamp the development program and try to bring in some proven resources to make a good development camp.

I think you give the GM free reign to gut the team but I would bring in a GM that builds through the draft. Not like Burke where you try to make the playoffs as soon as possible and end up without the depth needed to go deep.

This team needs a complete restart, at this point I don't think the players and coach are to blame, I think you need to go higher up. I think the management failure can be shown in how many 1st round picks are no longer on the team. You have to try to draft that badly, so its more likely development.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote