View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Disagree. He's a penetrator & distributor first and foremost, who took bad shots when on bad teams. Much like Tyson Chandler, he's actually a great fit with Melo and Amar'e - certainly much better suited to play on this team than Chauncey Billups, who was more of a chucker.

Now, UNLIKE Tyson Chandler, Baron is also known to be a headcase and a guy who can let himself get way out of shape. Based on what I've read, those issues are the root causes of him appearing to be a ballhog on bad teams like the Clips. If he's motivated, he'll be fantastic here. If not, well, the team is no worse off than before. (And, for the record, he was apparently quite good for the Cavs after he was traded from LA - we can hope that that was a sign of late blooming maturity.)

Great, great low risk/high reward move. Much better than blowing the MMLE on Williams, much as I would have liked to have him back.

Now go get me a backup forward for the vet's min and let's go!
Very good assessment. I am wary of the signing because of the fitness and ball hog reputation but I guess, given the alternatives, he is the best option at this point. If he can't get motivated by this situation, I don't know what could.

Would still like to see the Knicks add another front court bench player.