View Single Post
Old
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Agent007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
You missed the point. He's saying an extra year of Weber plus having more time to try to convince him to stay is worth more than some low picks. Unless it's 4x 1st rounders it wouldn't surprise me to see them match. Which is why we need to put a package together and trade for him at the draft. Trade Schneider for whatever we can then put together a strong package for Weber.
Here's the question. If they haven't been able to convince him to sign a long term deal yet what are their chances that they'll be able to convince him next year??

Unless this team somehow can prove that they are a cup contender for the next 3-5 years I don't think he signs long term there. I might be wrong but at the very least that's a very risky game to play.

Losing Weber for nothing would cripple that organization. The return they could get for Weber would be real nice and while it doesn't necessarily make them better in the short run it'll soften the blow of losing Weber in the long run.

With that being said who knows how this unfolds. I personally don't think it gets to the offer sheet stage. Poille isn't a dumb GM he knows that someone out there will send an offer sheet and he'll be stuck if that happens. I think whatever is going to happen with Weber will occur sometime between the draft and July 1st.