Thread: Injury Report: Seabrook - Possible Concussion
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 12:34 AM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I am so fed up with concussions. Either let the players play through it, or take out hitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
I'll say it again. I think Seabs is going to be okay. He'll miss probably a week. The hit against wiz was worse imo, and he was back in the next few games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
You're comparing Sidney who is 5'11 to seabrook who is 6'4....seabrook has been fine in his past concussions. Sidney obviously is going to be one of those players who cant handle concussions. The hit wasnt at a high speed, and according to jesse rogers "Q said same bout Seabrook. Hopeful for next game so doesn't sound real bad at all"

C'mon folks, we are smarter than this.

Curious as to which studies you've read about the correlation between height and brain function. I think it's pretty clear that everyone reacts and recovers from concussions differently, that it's not a black-and-white injury.

Clearly none of his are neurologists. I think it should be clear to anyone by now that sometimes innocent-looking hits can cause more damage than more violent ones.

And it is way too early for anyone, Q and Brent included, to know how long he will be out. The most severe effects of concussions can present 24 to 48 hours after the injury, so it's probably going to be tough to really tell for a couple of days.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote