View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Martyros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I'm not necessarily for or against trading anyone on the team. If the right deal is out there to improve the team, you do it. You have to take a step back and look at who you are really rooting for.

I remember back when O'Sullivan was traded, I was upset because I really wanted the kid to succeed here. That traded was obviously a positive for us. Even looking at the Richards/Schenn trade, I'm glad at how things turned out.

I don't think that we should blow the team up by any means, however. There are a lot of quality players here. So what's the real problem? Is it leadership? What does Dustin Brown really bring to this team anymore? Should we trade him while he still has some perceived value around the league?

We need a dynamic player. We need someone to get the fans at Staples Center off their butts. We need a guy like Matt Duchene or Patrick Kane or Steven Stamkos to electrify the crowd. We need someone who still has passion for the game. Watching teams like Chicago or Detroit destroy us upsets me, because it makes me really see just how far away we are talent-wise. The sad truth is, free agent talent doesn't really want to come to LA.

I don't think Zach Parise is the guy. I don't think Kovalchuk would have been either. I think we need to aggressively pursue a trade to bring in a scorer. Palffy did it ten years ago. We need to bring someone in that is flashy and plays hard. No, I don't know why we could get or who is available, it's just what our pathetic offense needs.

That's my little rant of the day.
Maybe if DL drafted Giroux instead of Lewis, we wouldn't have had this problem

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote