View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer View Post
I can see the logic to that, even the logic of bringing in a rental on the cheap for the playoff stretch... But my concern is two years down the line and potentially having Coburn and Meszaros as your two main D... That's why I'm in favour of making some bigger deals now. It's better in the long run. In terms of players who I think could play in the top 6 (now or near future) I'd say you've got: Giroux, Briere, Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Jagr, JVR, Simmonds, Read and Hartnell. that's 10 for 6 spots thus I think take the hit there and sort the D longer term.
I'm not ready at this moment in time to trade away JvR, Read, Voracek, or whomever for a Shea Weber when July 1st I may be able to get a Ryan Suter for money only or even trade for his rights to beat the July 1st rush. Especially considering that Jagr might not even be in the league in 2 years (and there's no guarentee that he'll be with the Flyers past this year), Hartnell will be an UFA and Briere will be a 35 year old player on the decline with 1 year remaining. Those aren't guys I will be counting on when I'm looking at this team long-term.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote