View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 11:24 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Sorry to be so confusing. Its not about me missing Varly. We were discussing team confidence starting in net - did you see any of that?

Play a little game. Put yourself in Ovi's head, Or Semin. The guys with the most pressure to score. Seeing our G's giving up soft goals almost all year. Remembering Neuvy losing 4 straight in Tampa, unable to steal a game himself. What do you think they may think to themselves.

To answer your post, I thought Neuvy was average at best last post season, I grade him a C. To win a cup, he needs to steal a few games for us. Average goaltending rarely cuts it.
neuvirth stole several games last season. no, he didnt steal one in the tampa series. if his own defensemen didnt regularly put puck past him he might have managed a win.

varly v montreal. almost every goal he allowed in that series was a shot outside of 20ft that he had clear sight lines on. very stoppable. always gave up the first goal. the caps had confidence there? game 7 v the pens varly awful. a confidence builder.
i use this only as a compare to neuvirth.

again, it seems pretty much like you wanted them to keep varly over neuvirth if that was a choice. it seems you want vokoun back in the net and if its not vokoun, you want holtby.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote