View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
As the Leafs coach, Pat Quinn coached 574 games and had a 300-196-52(ties)-26 OTL. He went to 3 conference championships and won 7 playoff series.

In his career, he coached 1400 games, with 684 wins and 528 losses and a bunch of ties and OTL. He won 2 Jack Adams trophies, and an Olympic Gold medal, won a Canada Cup and a few other international tournaments.

How do you think people felt about him as Leafs coach?
I liked him as a coach and as a GM however I distinctly remember some fans on these boards complaining about him not playing the kids enough and relying to much on veterans and trading away too many assets on over-the-hill players in his attempt to bring a cup to Toronto. I also remember some fans complaining that he put too much emphasis on a run and gun style of game and he should have played a trap like all the other successful cup winners (New Jersey). He also took heat for the way he dealt with the media and being too lax with his vets when they weren't playing well. Remember the Nolan trade? I thought it was good at the time but a freak injury to Nolan right before the playoffs started made that trade a waste of time.

There will always be those that aren't happy, even when the team is winning.