Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Sabres October Report Card (6-5-0-0)

FORWARDS: A-
Drury's leadership and Pyatt's (6 G) development big bright spots. AHLers (Taylor, Botterill, Pittis) made valuable contributions. Verdict still out on Max.

DEFENSE: C+
Unit as a whole overcame slow/soft start. Zhitnik has returned to #1 d-man form. Emergence of Fitzpatrick (+7) offset by disappointing start for Tallinder and Kalinin. Patrick is a rock...or fossil, but you get the point.

SPECIAL TEAMS: C+
Powerplay (11th NHL) has been above average despite Delmore's (0 points) ineffectiveness. Penalty killing (22nd NHL) should be better.

GOALTENDING: B+
Miller lost starting job early by no fault of his own. Marty (2.21 GAA, .924 SV%) has been strong and close to consistent overall. Mika avoided characteristic slow start with early shutout.

COACHING: B
Lindy deserves props for surviving the West Coast tilt as well as for penning the Pyatt/Drury/Briere in the Marriott. Rotating the "C" is debatable.
How do they manage a B+ average with a 6-5-0 record? At most we're looking at a C or C+ average with that record. I think your report card is more reflective of the Sabres performances following the 10/20 debacle in Vancouver and discounts their struggles in the first half of the month.

There's not much room for improvement if this team already has a B+ grade. They were badly outplayed in all 5 of their losses and in the win at Colorado. I'd give everyone a C grade on my report card for October.